"Loco Translate" is the official Loco plugin for WordPress
This plugin helps you translate themes and plugins directly in WordPress admin. You don't need a Loco account to use it. It's entirely separate from the main Loco site.
A completely new version of the plugin is currently in development. It addresses many known shortcomings in the original plugin, but isn't yet available for automatic installation. If you'd like to try an early preview of version 2, please read how to become a beta tester.
Until version 2 is officially released, all the information here refers to using the original 1.x branch of the plugin.
- Any modern web browser will run the front end. Internet Explorer must be at least version 9.
- Most Unix-like servers capable of running WordPress will run the back end.
- The plugin is tested on PHP 5.3 and up. Older versions of PHP may work, but are not officially supported.
- PHP under Windows is not officially supported.
- Apache mod_security is known to cause problems with WordPress and it affects this plugin.