"Loco Translate" is the official Loco plugin for WordPress
Our plugin lets you edit theme and plugin translation files directly in WordPress admin. You don't need a Loco account to use it.
Guides and tutorials
Getting more help
If you have any questions about Loco Translate, please post them in the support forum. Emails about the WordPress plugin won't be answered; there are just too many for us to respond to. That includes messages sent from our contact form.
- Any modern web browser will run the front end. Internet Explorer must be at least version 9.
- Most Unix-like servers capable of running WordPress will run the back end.
- The plugin is compatible with the same versions of PHP as WordPress, 5.2.4 and up.
- Mandatory PHP extensions are
json(required for essential functions).
- Optional PHP extensions are
posix(required for non-essential functions).
- PHP under Windows should work, but is not officially supported.
- Don't save your work into files that WordPress can overwrite or delete. See FAQ.
- Be aware that some security software is known to block some functions of this plugin. See FAQ.
- Ensure your server can accept post data at least the size of your PO files. See FAQ.
- If you're extracting strings from source code make sure PHP has enough memory. See FAQ.