How to gain control of a project you didn't create
If you need control of a project, ask the project owner to make you a project administrator. This role has the same capabilities as the project owner, except for permission to delete the project.
If this route is not suitable in your case, you can request a project transfer as outlined below.
Transferring project ownership to another account/team
If for any reason you need to change the ownership of a project, you can do so by sending us an email from the current project owner granting permission for the transfer. In this email please specify the email address of the new owner (and the account name, if they are a member of more than one).
- Don't create an empty project for the transfer. The project is moved, not copied.
- Ensure the target account has sufficient quota to receive the new project.
- Note that transferred projects may require team members being invited again.
Project owner has left the company
This is the most common reason for transfer requests. Even if the project owner has left your organization we still need permission to be sent from their email address. How you arrange this is down to you. If they don't have access to their company mailbox, your IT department may be able to provide you with access to their mailbox.
- We won't under any circumstances provide control of any data without the data owner's permission.
- Access to Loco via email address and password is the authoritative source of data ownership.
- We will not enter into disputes between team members over ownership.
Transferring account ownership
We can only transfer project ownership. Accounts cannot be transferred to other users.
If the account owner has left your organization the only course of action is to take over their user login. If they are not able to change their email address to one you have access to, then your IT department may provide you with access to their mailbox. Then you can simply do a password reset to access the account.
We won't under any circumstances provide you with access to another user's account.